• Register Today It's free!

no 4 lo light

rage01

Reaction score
City, State
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Year, Model & Trim Level
93 xlt
Wife put the explorer into the ditch today, no real prob except, when she pushed the 4x4 button it lit up no prob, when she went to push the 4 lo...nothing, no light, no 4 lo. All was working a couple of months ago, then we got dumped on over the week end, have over a foot of snow in our area.
It is a 93 XLT, any ideas where to start looking, hoping its just a fuse, or something like that.................
Thanks for your time..Mike D aka rage01

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Howdy and welcome to the site, i know on my 92 4x4 i have to put the truck into neutral when stopped to get it to shift into 4lo. Holy crap! i just knowticed your from Alberta!!! U got snow to ay?

Shift motor on the t/f case may need to be cleaned. That is the usual culprit. Lots of posts with links to Singleton how to site. Search for singleton and you should get posts with the link.

will try the search.thanks
As to the snow..its about 1.5 to 2 feet deep in my yard, and the roads are nasty.......mostly because people dont seem to know where to drive if the lines are not visible..till they hit the shoulder rumble strips, then its across the road to the other side........
I think I will keep my big bronco around for a while..nobody tries to jump in front of it!!
Hows it in Fort Mac??? love the highway. :D .

Mike D

Not bad not bad, slid for the first time going home, hehe. Hit the brakes slidding slidding slidding hit the curb and im on my way :p we got snow a few days prior to my other post..... i miss the warmth already !!!!!

Back