• Register Today It's free!

no crank no start

Markr2448

Reaction score
City, State
michigan
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 explorer EB v8
2003 explorer EB 4.6 2v. Was driving to work and my car started misfiring on 3 or 4 cylinders and then it died and now it wont start wont crank, battery is fine.
i have also been working on a misfire issue due to fouled plugs(due to bad o2 sens) and it was almost back on all 8 when this happened

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Won’t crank? As in starter does or doesn’t engage.

Check the fuse for the PCM. I believe it is number 41 in the power distribution box under the hood. My 02 Eddie Bauer with the 4.6L had an O2 sensor wire rubbing on the front driveshaft causing a short in the PCM fuse that resulted in no start no crank. I was able to change the fuse and drive it for a little while before I had time to track down the short.

Good luck!
Jake

Thank you so much, fuse 41 was blown, o2 wasn't worn through but my exhaust cooked it to hell and back. I'm gonna replace the fuse and disconnect the o2 and see if she fires

Thank you so much, fuse 41 was blown, o2 wasn't worn through but my exhaust cooked it to hell and back. I'm gonna replace the fuse and disconnect the o2 and see if she fires

Glad to help! I know when mine happened, I was completely stumped until I found someone else had posted here with the same issue, so I'm happy to pass the info along!

Back