No Longer a FORD Owner.. (but I'll still hang out) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

No Longer a FORD Owner.. (but I'll still hang out)

JPFREEK

Reaction score
City, State
Federal Way, WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1995 XLT
So, last weekend my wife and I traded in our 1995 Ford Explorer on a 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited. And yeah.. it's got a HEMI!

I'm quite please with our new daily driver.. it's an awesome ride. We now own ALL Jeep vehicles!

'01 TJ Wrangler (Wife's trail rig/daily driver)
'95 YJ Wrangler (My Trail rig.. ex-daily driver)
'05 WK Grand Cherokee (New Hottness)

The explorer was getting old and even though it was in great shape, it was time to move on. After all, it had 175K on the odometer and a list of "to-do" maintenance items coming up in the next year.

The dealer gave me top dollar on my trade in without even blinking because it was in such good shape. The used car manager asked me where I got it detailed at because he wanted to hire that company. He was kind of shocked when I told him that I did it in my garage. He said he had NEVER seen a vehicle with 175K on it that was that clean and well-maintained. Several other employees of the dealership shared the same sentiment with me. I took it as a compliment given that they see used cars ALL DAY LONG.

One of the Service Manager's was talking about buying it actually. I told him if he does, to let me know as I have some spare parts that I was going to sell on ebay.

While I may be a Jeep guy, this forum and all the contributing members here have helped me out A HUGE DEAL. I've learned so much from here in the year that I've owned the FORD. And those skills will follow me no matter what vehicle I own, as most are transferrable.

I'm not leaving the forum entirely though, as there is still plenty of relevant information to share and discuss. I've even referred quite a few people to this little gem on the web over the past year.

See ya on the trails!

JPFREEK (JEEPFREEK)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The jeep with a hemi is tight! Just curios, how much did they give for the 95?

welcome and do u got pics of ur jeep

I'll take pics of the new Jeep when I get home tonight.

They gave me $2000 for the Ford Explorer. (NADA and KBB reported 2000 for high trade in value).

They even said they wouldn't normally give that much for a Ford Explorer with that many miles on it (especially given today's drought for SUV sales).

Should have taken pics before I traded it in..

It is a VERY sweet ride.. all the bells and whistles.. in fact, so many bells and whistles, that each "bell" and "whistle" has its OWN bells and whistles.

It handles like no other SUV I've driven before. Steering is TIGHT and pedal response is, well, responsive!

Honestly, it handles like a sports car. And with 330HP and 375ft LB's of torque, it takes off like one too.

theres a Jeep Grand Cherokee here in mooresville that runs at the strip and runs 6.9s. he has the 5.9 with a pro charger and a high end pulley and some other stuff. that thing is REDICULOUS! lol

u plan on doing mods on ur jeep too

Back