No more "tin can" sound ??? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

No more "tin can" sound ???

if the dealership is able to fix the tin drum sound, i wonder if that would also get rid of my sunglass holder rattle noise. i noticed my sunglass holder rattle sounds similar to the tin drum, maybe because it's on the opposite end of the drum.

I have an 11 with dual moon roof. Never experienced the tin drum. Funny I guess.

I have an 11 with dual moon roof and definitely have the tin drum sound when it rains. You are lucky.

I'm wondering if there would be a way for the end-user to get a hose up there and do a mild injection? You definitely don't want to overdue it or you might put a pop in the roof, but I would think a non-expanding foam filler could be injected if there was some access point?

I'm wondering if there would be a way for the end-user to get a hose up there and do a mild injection? You definitely don't want to overdue it or you might put a pop in the roof, but I would think a non-expanding foam filler could be injected if there was some access point?

Already been done. Search the forums. There is even a few pics if my memory serves correctly. :salute:

Back