• Register Today It's free!

No turn signals

billydavis66

Reaction score
City, State
Anchorage, Ak
Year, Model & Trim Level
'92 explorer xlt
Hi, i am new to this site and have red tons and tons of threads on my issue but not on first generation explorers. I have a '92 explorer and have no turn signals, my hazerds work, my windhsield wipers work, and brights works. i replaced the MFS and still no luck, when i turn on turn signal nothing even lights up on the dash. i took out the hazards flasher and put it in the turn signal flasher and still no luck. What else? any help is appreciated.

Also i have a promblem with interior lights. bought the truck and when the doors are closed, my lights stay on. When the door is open my door ajar doesnt even come on, if theres on on this truck?

I assume all the exterior bulbs are working. Make sure there is no damaged pins or wires on the back side of the fuse panel and check the connector at the signal switch on the steering column. Maybe you have some toasted fuses?

These have no door ajar light. Back then they assumed one would know when the door was open. The interior light switch is in the door jamb, on all the doors including the rear hatch. Check all these for proper operation. I think they are normally open switches.(door closed) Either the wrong one is installed somewhere, or you have some nasty corrosion issues.

Look to see if anyone has mangled the wiring under the dash or if its been obviously tampered with. Who knows what your truck has been through, assuming you just bought it.

I will try to post a wiring diagram here, but I do not have it with me now.

Back