noise in front end drivers side suspension :confused: | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

noise in front end drivers side suspension :confused:

Alex7772011

Reaction score
City, State
Big island hawaii
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 Ford exploer sport
99 Ford explorer sport 4WD
So i have grinding rubbing noise in the front driver side suspension...only over bumps and offroading. when you drive on roads makes no noise at all.
When you turn wheel left to right no noise on the asphalt only off road (at first i thought it was ball joints again).
So i grease my ball joints they are fairly new and rubbers are good never helped with noises .
then i noticed that the sway bar links look and feel plastic? and they are cracked... could that be the problem?
oh yea the shocks ,cv joints, front bearings, breaks, tires was changed last year.
any suggestion what to check next?

99 Ford explorer sport 4WD
So i have grinding rubbing noise in the front driver side suspension...only over bumps and offroading. when you drive on roads makes no noise at all.
When you turn wheel left to right no noise on the asphalt only off road (at first i thought it was ball joints again).
So i grease my ball joints they are fairly new and rubbers are good never helped with noises .
then i noticed that the sway bar links look and feel plastic? and they are cracked... could that be the problem?
oh yea the shocks ,cv joints, front bearings, breaks, tires was changed last year.
any suggestion what to check next?
and tomorrow im picking up new sway bar links to change them

fixed it.....
it was rotten rusted sway bar links

Back