• Register Today It's free!

noises from the front

Audio_1

Reaction score
City, State
Red herring
Year, Model & Trim Level
96 xlt
ok, i got stuck in this ditch that was about 3' deep, so i was at like a 70degree angle, it had just rained and i got blined going around a curve by someone with their brites on and i slid off the road going about 5mph so one half of the car was in the ditch and the other half was out of the ditch but not on the road. so im trying to get out and im haveing no sucess, the 4x4 is not helping at all cuz it is all wet grass and when i turned the wheel it had no affect so im like on a track and can only move forwards and reverse. so about 10 minuets one of my friends and his grandpa came by and they got out the chain and we hooked it up front do the bar that goes accross the truck and connects the tiers. so they hooked it up to the f150 and toed me out. my front left tire was 1+ off the ground cuz my back tier was still in the ditch but then i got out. turned 4 wheel drive off and it was like still in it and then there was a "knock" that shutterd the whole car and then it was like the 4 wheel was off. so then i cleaned it off. and now there is like a "pop" type noise when i put it in drive sometimes and when i hit a bump/pot hole. it is not very loud i only hear it when i have the window down. im worried i screwed something up big time

I assume there are no fluids leaking from the bottom of the truck?

no, i cheaked all that this morning. and last night i got unter it and looked at everything and i couldent see anything wrong

Back