Notification in iOS App: Important Update | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Notification in iOS App: Important Update

W0GER

Reaction score
City, State
Arden Hills, MN
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer ST
Callsign
W0GER
This morning my FordPass app (iOS) had a notification:

Important update, Vehicle start required.
Great news - your Ford, Explorer 2020 has received a software update. Simply start your vehicle with your key fob to finalize this update. Starting manually also means remote features like start/stop, lock/unlock will be rebooted and back at your fingertips.​

Anyone know what is getting updated?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Just got the same thing, and was going to make a thread but you beat me to it. I am at work and my wife has the Explorer. I am curious what the update entails. Very cool that we finally got an OTA update though.

I got the same message. Started my explorer with the fob and don't see anything different

I got the same message. Started my explorer with the fob and don't see anything different
Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
What does the Sync 3 software version and build number show?

Peter

Same message today here, started the vehicle, no messages, no delays (nothing extra was happening) still SYNC 3.4. Did a manual update also via WIFI, cant see any changes, no messages, still SYNC 3.4 ??

Mine is still on Sync 3.4 version 19101. So no changes there. This update was something else.

I believe the lastest user upgrade is V3.4, build 19200. There is a build 19274 which I think is a dealer update only at this time. SYNC 3 v3.4

Peter

Did anyone else receive a message via FordPass today regarding an important update? There wasn't a clear reason given for the update, and I'm wondering why I received this. Here's what my message said:

Important update. Vehicle start required.

Great news -- your 2020 Explorer has received a software update. Simply start your vehicle with your key fob to finalize this update. Starting manually also means remote features like start/stop, lock/unlock will be rebooted and back at your fingertips.

Did anyone else receive a message via FordPass today regarding an important update? There wasn't a clear reason given for the update, and I'm wondering why I received this. Here's what my message said:

Great news -- your 2020 Explorer has received a software update. Simply start your vehicle with your key fob to finalize this update. Starting manually also means remote features like start/stop, lock/unlock will be rebooted and back at your fingertips.

Your thread was merged with this existing one on the same topic.

Peter

Latest build 20021

You can verify if it was the update mentioned in the post above by checking the build number of your Sync system.

Peter

I have yet to receive any updates for my Explorer. Owned it since August 27th, 2019

Just got the same thing, and was going to make a thread but you beat me to it. I am at work and my wife has the Explorer. I am curious what the update entails. Very cool that we finally got an OTA update though.

So I purchased my car in March and I did a manual update on the vehicle. The only thing I noticed as a difference from when I purchased the vehicle and the update is the button that is used to turn on the lane center. The button on the turn signal. When I first pushed it, it would move the speedometer into the middle of the screen, and after the update, it doesn't move and now there is a small icon to the right of the picture of the road that will illuminate on and off when you push the button.

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:

Peter

Back