Odd electrical gremlin > Drivers headlight out + door ajar | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Odd electrical gremlin > Drivers headlight out + door ajar

dboogie2288

Reaction score
City, State
Indiana
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Explorer XLT
Hi All - I have a 2002 explorer XLT 4x4 w/ about 135k. Recently I found myself with the door ajar error. I began to research it a little bit and found various things to check, and I began to do so tonight.

Well, heres the other thing thats confusing me, my drivers side headlight is out. I have DDM tuning HIDs and for some reason I've lost a ballast before...I figured it just happened again. I went to buy regular ole 9006 bulbs, and nothing. No power with a multi meter.

Did a ground popout somewhere? Is it that one inside the drivers door that is on youtube? Also lost power to the controller lights for the drivers side door panels. Oddly enough though, my power windows work. This is a weird one - to me at least. I'm assuming you guys will likely know what it is right off the top of your head.

Nooooo repliiiiiies...

Anyhow, I did indeed have that ground wire break in the door. That's resolved.

Main issue now is that the drivers side headlight is out. All other lights work fine, parking, high beam, and fog. I replaced the switch inside, no change....what am I missing here?

Back