Odyssey batteries, anyone use them? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Odyssey batteries, anyone use them?

mechjames

Reaction score
City, State
Richmond, BC
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 Explorer XLT
I'm just about ready for a new battery in my explorer. Local speciaty battery store sells the optima's for what I can get at costco, but with optima my fitment code is a d34.

Odyssey batteries makes a 65 fitment code with 1750 Hot cranking amps, 930 cold cranking amps.

Model: 65-PC1750T

i've heard some things about the optima batteries, and even know someone who had trouble with one. These odyssey batteries, you sure pay for them, but its 4 year free replacement, and even a warranty after that.

Local store would sell it to me for $350 CDN including taxes. I can get an optima for 210+tax. They also say they've tested a lot of optimas and they don't really do too well in a load test as well as they did before they moved the factory to mexico.

Anyone use odyssey batteries? It would be a good feeling knowing that i'm using the best battery for my truck.

And yes, 1750 cranking amps.

Odyssey

The Odyssey batteries are certainly highly rated. I think Enersys makes both the Odyssey branded batteries,
and the Sears Diehard Platinum.
Consumer reports did a battery comparison in the Nov '08 issue. The AGM batteries like the Diehard Platinum
were top-rated with "scores that far exceeded the next-best models".

Might want price compare the Odyssey and the Diehard Platinum if they're really the same battery.

Here's a another website that has a lot of battery info:

http://www.stealth316.com/2-dynabatt.htm

Back