• Register Today It's free!

Oil Pressure Problems

FordMan24

Reaction score
City, State
Reading, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
Ranger 92 XLT
I have a 92 Ranger, 5 speed manual, with a little over 135,000 miles. I am having trouble getting oil to the lifters and pressure to the top. There is oil pressure at the bottom, so I know it is not the oil pump. Does anybody have any suggestions how to fix this problem? It would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks!

Put a can of seafoam in the crankcase and drive around the neighborhood, then change your oil. What viscosity do you use?

Do you have an oil pressure gauge? Whats the reading? If you don't, I would be thinking of getting one and see what pressure you do have before doing anythlng. Except go ahead and do the seafoam thing. Just wondering how do you know your getting good pressure to the lower end and not so much at the top end? I really like more pressure at the lower end then at the rockers anyway. I have known people to actually restrict oil going thru the pushrods I'm not talking about all of it. So there is more at the bearings. On my 302 motor I even used a coating made by Eastwood that is made to paint the upper inside of the motor so the oil drains back into the pan faster. On some of my race engines I even grinded smooth the walls of the block to help.

Back