OK Ford Motor, It's Now Time To Get Your Act Together! | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

OK Ford Motor, It's Now Time To Get Your Act Together!

It must have to be the dealer. Seni confirms my order then refers me to my dealer for the best information.

My dealer/sales manager willingly states he knows nothing in regards to the Explorer orders.

Hey,

Please check your email as I have sent a reply to this post.

~Seni

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Good deal, Ill believe that over my ex sales manager/scum bag anyday.

Yes I have family who are Ford employees and my father so we have been able to track my vehicle as dealers and customer service can. And that was sent exclusively to dealers on Monday we were able to read.

I actually got that info from a Memo that was sent out to Ford Dealerships on 4/18. About the Less than 6,000 and draw-down and other things.

If anyone has that memo, I would love to see a copy of it.

Seni, Any chance you could get your hands on it and post it?

Shipping companies are contracted and are union. Ford isn't going to pay to truck a car across half the country, it goes rail, to truck to dealer.

I read an article posted on here about there being 500,000 less rail cars for vehicles on the tracks.. it was in the WSJ. Also mentioned that a lot of the rail cars were not sized for suv's because of the rise in gas prices a couple years ago and the drop in demand for larger vehicles.

End result is the rail companies are bringing more railcars to the rails to transport these vehicles hence why 2/3's of Ford's Explorer backup has already been cleared.

Still does not excuse Ford. I live close enough to Ford that mine is to be shipped by Convoy (at least according to window sticker).

Also, these are all things Ford should have known and planned for. When send a contract out for bid, you don't just accept the cheapest bidder, you also need to check and make certain the bidder can deliver and contract would typically have steep penalties and out clauses for failure to deliver (pun intended) on the contract.

Still sounds like the chances of mine arriving in less than 2 weeks (by 4 May) are slim. As of yesterday, it's still awaiting shipment with no ETA. I have a feeling mine will be # 7,500 of the backlog.

Guess I'll be # 7,499.

VIN creations are based on allocation which is a result of your dealer. If your dealer has no allocation left for the month, the VIN will not be created. Your dealer knows what they have available, it's on them if they lie to the customer.

Now to play devils advocate, Ford is the one that created this allocation system.. I don't think it's right and I know many agree that Ford needs to take a new look at it.

And it's not that you started a thread like this to ask questions, it's the attitude that was put into it that bothers me.. Having a title " OK Ford Motor, It's Now Time To Get Your Act Together!" when they haven't done anything to you yet nor have been outside of the 6-8 week window. Ford hasn't done anything wrong yet... not to say it won't happen. Seems most orders placed now are being built in a reasonable time and that backlog is clearing so I doubt you'll be waiting longer then 8 weeks as long as your dealer does have the allocation to get your vehicle.

This is the definitive information I have been waiting on, my dealer told me they had two allocations and they "would let me have one" when I ordered my Explorer...This Saturday it is 6 weeks with no VIN. If this is true, then I don't appreciate them lying to me.

I believe same thing, dealer allotment issues. They all play dumb.

Sales person admitted to me today that allotment is an issue and there are six more people ahead of me!

Guess I could have waited nine weeks before I got this out of him.

We'll see if dealers make a difference!

Still does not excuse Ford. I live close enough to Ford that mine is to be shipped by Convoy (at least according to window sticker).

Also, these are all things Ford should have known and planned for. When send a contract out for bid, you don't just accept the cheapest bidder, you also need to check and make certain the bidder can deliver and contract would typically have steep penalties and out clauses for failure to deliver (pun intended) on the contract.

My window sticker said convoy. I asked Seni if that meant truck or train. She said, “About the convoy, I have not seen this differentiate one over the other, it can represent truck or rail.” It ended up being shipped by a truck. I'm stuck in the "in transit" mode with no ETA.

What is "Draw-down"? Sorry if this is a dumb question.

*Enters the thread, with the momma voice!*

"Whoa, whoa, whoa! What's going on here?"

Hey all,

I know that you are getting upset and frustrated, I AM WITH YOU! I wish that I could slap on a hard hat and get working at the plant. But then of course, who would hold down this fort?

As I am going through the thread, replying to emails, and tracking orders, one thing is evident- vehicles ARE moving. I do agree that the system is complicated, confusing, and sometimes just doesn't seem fair. However, Ford IS doing everything that they can to get these vehicles out to you in a way that is most efficient. As you may know, we don’t make money until the cars arrive to you; therefore, we have every incentive to get these cars out to you as soon as we can, but not at the expense of quality. For this very reason, when we quote status’, we always remind customers that the date is subject to change. ETAs are only an estimate and can change for various reasons, vehicle assembly and delivery is a very complex process.

There has been a lot of congestion at the rail yard where the Explorers go after being built at the Chicago plant. These delays are due to the rail system in the U.S. and difficulties in shipping and transport methods globally over the past month. Ford continues to do its best to ship vehicles quickly; unfortunately, sometimes there are unexpected challenges that arise that are separate from the operating abilities of Ford. I apologize if you were not given adequate information about the reason for the slowing in shipment times.

As always, I am more than happy to continue providing you with tracking updates. Please feel free to PM me with any questions you may have.

~Seni

*Enters the thread, with the momma voice!*

"Whoa, whoa, whoa! What's going on here?"

Hey all,

I know that you are getting upset and frustrated...

Only speaking for myself, of course...I get the feeling from reading here that the frustration is not so much about the waiting, it's that many people (myself included) are getting the idea that we're often "misled" by our sales people about our situations, particularly when it comes to the mysterious "allocation" aspect. I get the idea that my "order" wasn't placed for quite some time after I handed over my $1000, but my sales guy wouldn't respond or verify anything with regards to if/when it was placed, until he finally provided an order number late last week. Has it been in the system for six weeks? Or was he sitting on it for 5 weeks. The latter is my hunch, but there's no way he'd ever tell me.

* However, Ford IS doing everything that they can to get these vehicles out to you in a way that is most efficient. As you may know, we don’t make money until the cars arrive to you; therefore, we have every incentive to get these cars out to you as soon as we can, but not at the expense of quality. For this very reason, when we quote status’, we always remind customers that the date is subject to change. ETAs are only an estimate and can change for various reasons, vehicle assembly and delivery is a very complex process.

There has been a lot of congestion at the rail yard where the Explorers go after being built at the Chicago plant. These delays are due to the rail system in the U.S. and difficulties in shipping and transport methods globally over the past month. Ford continues to do its best to ship vehicles quickly; unfortunately, sometimes there are unexpected challenges that arise that are separate from the operating abilities of Ford. I apologize if you were not given adequate information about the reason for the slowing in shipment times.

As always, I am more than happy to continue providing you with tracking updates. Please feel free to PM me with any questions you may have.

~Seni

As I said before, I don't believe that this is separate from Ford's operating abilities. Ford may have contracted out the shipping, but that does not clear Ford of responsibility for the problem any more than it does when Ford has someone else build the bumper.

I believe the biggest problem we have is Ford's complete inability to provide anything even remotely close to adequate information. If are cars are on hold, we should be told why they are on hold and an ETA for the fix.

I keep hearing rail cars, but what about those of us who are going by convoy?

A few direct questions:

1) Is it true that Exs can only leave Chicago on a last in, first out basis?

2) Can you post a copy of the 4/18 memo that was allegedly sent to dealers?

3) Exactly how many Exs are awaiting shipping in Chicago? How many are shipped each day by truck? How many are shipped each day by train?

4) Who in management is aware of our dissatisfaction? Is there anyway to escalate this further?

5) More specifically, when will I get my car? (I will PM you)

Only speaking for myself, of course...I get the feeling from reading here that the frustration is not so much about the waiting, it's that many people (myself included) are getting the idea that we're often "misled" by our sales people about our situations, particularly when it comes to the mysterious "allocation" aspect. I get the idea that my "order" wasn't placed for quite some time after I handed over my $1000, but my sales guy wouldn't respond or verify anything with regards to if/when it was placed, until he finally provided an order number late last week. Has it been in the system for six weeks? Or was he sitting on it for 5 weeks. The latter is my hunch, but there's no way he'd ever tell me.[/QUOTE

@StunnedMonkey, Seni can verify when your order was entered into the system if you PM her your order number and dealer name.

I personally would be more patient had my order been picked up and a VIN assigned as long as I know the vehicle is going to be built. As it stands right now, I'm still standing outside the window looking in.

I called FoMoCo today and finally recieved my VIN, which the first rep told me the vehicle was built and ETA to dealer on May 9th. That didn't sound right to me, so I called back and they then clarified the vehicle has a May 9th Build Week.

So if they build it the week of May 9th then that will be 9 weeks, and then a couple weeks maybe for delivery.

I find it unacceptable and will probably not take delivery because I was misled by my dealer on his allocation. I know they don't care and will sell the car, but if I want an Explorer I will find one when the lots are overcrowded.

@StunnedMonkey, Seni can verify when your order was entered into the system if you PM her your order number and dealer name.

I have, but she has not responded at this point. That's fine. If she eventually gets any info to me, great. But I have no quibbles with Seni, who appears to be doing this all on her own.

A few direct questions:

1) Is it true that Exs can only leave Chicago on a last in, first out basis?

This seems to be the case, and is what is so frustrating to me.

Vehicles built two weeks ago, have already arrived at dealerships.

Vehicles built two months ago, are still sitting.

I have, but she has not responded at this point. That's fine. If she eventually gets any info to me, great. But I have no quibbles with Seni, who appears to be doing this all on her own.

Her responses do take time but she will respond.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I see they already scheduled and Assigned Vin #'s for the Week of May 9th today. Of course I missed it again will be 4 weeks Monday. My Father orderd F150 two days ago & got assigned already today different vehicle yes. But also from the dealer he went to they assigned to Vehicles order 4/7 & 4/9 while Im still waiting at other dealer.

Back