ok need info on 95 transm. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

ok need info on 95 transm.

mwilliwood

Reaction score
City, State
kennesaw,ga
Year, Model & Trim Level
Hi, ok dumb question but have to ask! Picked up a rebuilt trans. and had a question- the shaft that comes out is it suppose to slide in and out all the way?Never had one like that before but never done ford before!Was told that it just slides back in, but it acts like something is not ligned up,goes thru the pump, but acts like it is not going into the gear?It likes almost an 1" going back to where it was before it fell out.if someone could give a link to some pictures would be great!thanksMwilliwood

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

front shaft - I know it goes thru the pump and into OD , But when they slide it back in it likes between 3/4" or so going to where it was at when we got the transmission- so trying to decide if it is just not going into the od gear or if it even matters over the 3/4"?

no, to start with the shaft had like 1 1/2 beyond the outer shaft for the torque converter, now it is sticking more like 2 1/4 or so beyond the second shaft for the torque converter so my fear is it is going thru the pump but not mating to the drive on the od hub?

that helps for sure, but still do not know if I am in as a far as I need to be!?Nothing can replace exprience!going to hang it up for tonight and start fresh tommarow!thanks so much! Mwilliwood

Back