only need mono channel, help with LOC | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

only need mono channel, help with LOC

beavis195

Reaction score
City, State
Sammamish, WA and Provo, UT
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 XLT 4 door
I feel like a newbie asking this, but I've never dealt with stock systems only aftemarket. I don't want to splice into the back speakers to run an aftermarket amp for my sub because they don't receive signal below 150 hz. So therefore I'll have to pull the panel and splice into the factory sub amp. If I only want the mono channel of the sub amp, what do I hook the two channel line level converter to? Any help would be appreciated.

if you have audiophile already and the sub i don't think you need a line converter. . the OEM sub is powered only by one channel, in other words the harness only has one pair of speakers wires a plus and minus, the other 3 wires are Batt, Neg, and enable. Now the amp i'm getting has a L/R input i wonder if i can get away with only hooking up the left? or do i need a Y adapter and hook up L/R i guess i'll find out soon.

yeah please let me know what ya find out about only hooking up the left. I've never dealt with speaker level inputs so this will be a big help. And yes I have the audiophile system.

just to be sure, the sub woofer has its own Amp next to the speaker, silver box.
There is only one speaker input and with the audiophile as you know anything below 150hz is sent to it. the little amp has no left or right input but it does have two sets of outputs, wtf??, i would assume the OEM sub-amp is bridged inside. . the inputs into the sub-amp are not speaker level but a pre-amp level. I have a thread going on my sub woofer upgrade, i'll update that when i get them installed.
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=246610

Back