Options for replacing LED low beams 2016+ | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Options for replacing LED low beams 2016+

Tony407

Reaction score
City, State
Portland, OR
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Ford Explorer Sport
Recently purchased a 2017 Sport to replace my 2015 Sport. I'm not digging how blue the OEM low beams are, they make my eyes strain too much especially when they're reflected against traffic signs. I've done a search, can't find anything.

What color temperature are the LED low beams?

I visited The Retrofit Source but both 9005 bulbs options they have don't have a kelvin temp rating, and they're marketed as not street legal. I'm much prefer something in the 4300K range. I suspect the OEM bulbs are close to 6000K?

Any information would be helpful.

Thanks. - Tony

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I believe the OEM is around the 4300K range. I had a 2017 Platinum and never notice any issue with the light. 6000K is close to bright sunlight on a clear day.

Peter

Recently purchased a 2017 Sport to replace my 2015 Sport. I'm not digging how blue the OEM low beams are, they make my eyes strain too much especially when they're reflected against traffic signs. I've done a search, can't find anything.

What color temperature are the LED low beams?

I visited The Retrofit Source but both 9005 bulbs options they have don't have a kelvin temp rating, and they're marketed as not street legal. I'm much prefer something in the 4300K range. I suspect the OEM bulbs are close to 6000K?

Any information would be helpful.

Thanks. - Tony
I believe factory is 6k. Low beam is not a replaceable bulb on 2016-2019. My 2016 sport is very white if you ask me.

Thanks for the replies, guys.

Peterk9, I really don't think they're as low as 4300K. They're pretty blue.

So if I'm hearing things correctly, there's no way to replace the bulbs with lower kelvin rating??? Not the answer I was hoping for...

Thanks for the replies, guys.

Peterk9, I really don't think they're as low as 4300K. They're pretty blue.

So if I'm hearing things correctly, there's no way to replace the bulbs with lower kelvin rating??? Not the answer I was hoping for...
I actually haven't been able to find the answer anywhere Tony. I was just going by memory from posts that go back a few years and found I was actually thinking of the HID that I had in my Explorer. I believe they were 4300K as were most factory HID bulbs.
I did see find this site and it shows the LED low beams are "not serviceable by user". 2016 Ford Explorer LED Lights | Super Bright LEDs
See what this site says about the 6000K. Replacement OEM HID Bulbs for 2011-2015 Ford Explorer (pair)

Peter

Back