Owner of 2002 Explorer XLT

BigHarv19

Reaction score
City, State
Portland, OR
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Ford Explorer XLT
Hello everyone,

My name is Sean Harvey. I have owned my 2002 Explorer XLT since 2007 and love it. I have owned it without mods for some time, but am in the process of planning out modifications as we speak which is what brought me to this forum.

Currently, "Edge" is out of commission while we remove the seized engine and install the rebuilt one. This is the first phase. Afterwards I am having the cloth interior converted to leather, I'm considering bed lining the floor boards in lieu of the carpet and removing the 2nd row of seats (40/20/40 config) and replacing them with adjustable captains chairs and a 2nd row console between them. Once that is complete, I plan to remove the 3rd row of seating which we never use and custom fit the area into a better cargo space. Any input on any of this would be greatly appreciated! I look forward to engaging with many of you.

Blessings,
Sean

Welcome aboard!! :salute:

Be sure to check out the 3rd Generation Sub-Forums:

Stock 2002 - 2005 Explorers

Questions related to non-modified 2002 - 2005 Explorers and Mountaineers. Problem solving, maintenance, TSB, service bulletins, owner reviews, specifications. Sport Trac and Sport use the 1995-2001 forum.

Modified 2002 - 2005 Explorers

Questions related to modified 2002 - 2005 Explorers and Mountaineers. For Sport Trac and Sport models use the 1995-2001 forum. Aftermarket accessories and modifications. Bullbar, running boards, floor mats, cargo mat, DVD headrest, wheels, tires, stereo upgrade, headlights, mud flaps, lift kits, engine swap, transmission swap.

Happy Exploring! :wavey:

Back