P0401, P2106, P0320...Ugh...

SixBucks

Reaction score
City, State
Near Charlotte, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
04 XLT (RWD) 4.0L
2004, Stock, 4.0L SOHC, 140k miles.
I've done A LOT of work to this thing in the few years and 20k miles that I've owned it. (All with A LOT of help from reading on this forum, by the way). It's like it has turned into a battle of the wills now. Who will persevere? Who will quit first? It just keeps finding new things to fail all of the time and I do my best to try to keep up and fix them.
Anyhow.
I was driving it about a week ago and it bucked once. I thought that I was maybe imaging it; no lights or codes. But then it happened a couple more times this week with the wrench light and service engine soon light coming on. (I just shook my head and thought "This thing is just an engineering marvel...).
I swung into O-R and they scanned it and gave me three codes(Not one, not two, but three): P0401 (Low EGR flow), P2106 (Throttle actuator control system), and P0320 (Ignition distributor speed).
Do I need to replace the EGR valve? I haven't done too much research on that one yet.
Regarding the throttle code; it sounds like 50/50 it may be the TPS? All of my wires and connections look real good. With Memorial Day sales, I can get a new Spectra Premium throttle body for about $140. Would that be wise?
Regarding the last code, just buy a new crank position sensor?
Thanks everyone for all of the time invested in posting on here.

Back