paint gun questions- spraying some paint and bondo | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

paint gun questions- spraying some paint and bondo

i am going to be really stepping up and doing a lot more glass work in the near future. i'd really like to start spraying bondo to speed up the sanding process.

what should i buy?

i'd like something i can use for other purposes too, but if i can get a really crappy gun that only will work for bondo thats fine too.

help me out, i'm new to the paint gun type thing.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

arent you at school, drew? if so, i assume there may be no remote location options.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

yes, James is right. I live in a student apartment complex in which i'm very lucky to have a one car garage.

there is no way i can fit more than this compressor, its a miracle that i have a table saw, tool box, saw horses, and a radio in there already and can still fit my truck.

Gravty feed guns are not the only way to go they are good but nothing beats the old binks #7 cup gun, I don't think that 6 gal. compresor is goin to keep up with the 6" sander. I wouldnt go any less than a 2 stage 80 gal with a 6 hp motor a god 6" sander like a dynabradeand for the new guns I'd get a devilbiss GTI gravity feed if I was you (even though I like a binks). With the compresor you mentioned you fighting a losing battle on air. I may be just a beginer at body paint work .LOL(16yr exp.) Good luck on the project. Oh yea i'll sell you a stater kit ,80 gal compresor , Snap-on box witn tools and paint guns for a low price of $ 32000. Every thing a body man / painter will need

Originally posted by bubbatruck78
Oh yea i'll sell you a stater kit ,80 gal compresor , Snap-on box witn tools and paint guns for a low price of $ 32000.

What a deal :rolleyes:

$3200 Maybe? :D

I got the 26 gal. Husky w/5.5 HP motor. Painted the hood on mine and it did fairly well. I'm happy with it, cup on the bottom.

One thing- when working back and forth between air tools and the paint gun- check the pressure! :D

I popped my can out of sheer stupidity! :p

To run any constant use tools you really do need a Large tank.

and don't forget to put a few drops of Air Tool oil into your tools each day.

BTW- the Husky came with a full complement of tools and only cost $400+tax new. It was a steal in my opinion.

Oh yeah, the oil is a definite if you want your tools to keep.

Blow-off after use is recommended because compressed air accumulates moisture...rusty tanks don't last long.

I was surprised at how much moisture came out...I had to put a moisture filter inline at the paint gun.

Another thing to consider is that when a compressor is running more or less constantly to keep up, you start to collect moisture. Look at low air consumption guns (ala Sharpe Platinum) and make sure you have moisture filtration! Nothing will ruin a bautifully laid down coat of paint than a drip of water!

Back