Pandora song titles/info through MFT | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Pandora song titles/info through MFT

jrmexplorer

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Limited
So my wife's iPhone 4 works really well streaming Pandora, we recently took a 4 hour car trip and it worked great. Even put all the song titles/artist info on the MFT screen.

However, with my Droid Razr Maxx HD, the streaming works, but the song titles do not.

In doing some digging, this appears to be a two-headed problem:

1.) not all Android devices support the AVRCP 1.3 Bluetooth Profile which is necessary to send this data to MFT. This is not a problem with my phone which does support it (I confirmed by noting that the stock Android music app does send the info). This is one of the reasons I bought the phone as Motorola typically has added additional profiles to their Android phones. I believe (although cannot confirm it) that the stock JellyBean Android does support it.

2.) The Android Pandora app does not support it.

To get around problem #1, you can download a custom Android version that does support it.

For problem #2, if you are interested in this functionality, I urge you to contact Pandora and request they add this feature at: pandora-support@pandora.com
The more people request it, the more likely they will implement it.

The other solution for problem 2, which I do not at this time recommend (as I don't have time to dig into the code to verify it is not malicious), is to download a modified version of the Pandora app that someone made (not me) that implements AVRCP 1.3 in the Pandor app: https://github.com/loganakamatsu/PandoraAVRCP

You can also find versions of this that have already been precompiled so that you just have to copy the modified version over to your phone (no decompiling, recompiling etc...) I won't link to those because I am skeptical of the trustworthiness of those apps even more than what is found on the github site. If you really want to find it, head on over to the 9thgencivic forums - a member recently posted it.

So my wife's iPhone 4 works really well streaming Pandora, we recently took a 4 hour car trip and it worked great. Even put all the song titles/artist info on the MFT screen.

However, with my Droid Razr Maxx HD, the streaming works, but the song titles do not.

In doing some digging, this appears to be a two-headed problem:

1.) not all Android devices support the AVRCP 1.3 Bluetooth Profile which is necessary to send this data to MFT. This is not a problem with my phone which does support it (I confirmed by noting that the stock Android music app does send the info). This is one of the reasons I bought the phone as Motorola typically has added additional profiles to their Android phones. I believe (although cannot confirm it) that the stock JellyBean Android does support it.

2.) The Android Pandora app does not support it.

To get around problem #1, you can download a custom Android version that does support it.

For problem #2, if you are interested in this functionality, I urge you to contact Pandora and request they add this feature at: pandora-support@pandora.com
The more people request it, the more likely they will implement it.

The other solution for problem 2, which I do not at this time recommend (as I don't have time to dig into the code to verify it is not malicious), is to download a modified version of the Pandora app that someone made (not me) that implements AVRCP 1.3 in the Pandor app: https://github.com/loganakamatsu/PandoraAVRCP

You can also find versions of this that have already been precompiled so that you just have to copy the modified version over to your phone (no decompiling, recompiling etc...) I won't link to those because I am skeptical of the trustworthiness of those apps even more than what is found on the github site. If you really want to find it, head on over to the 9thgencivic forums - a member recently posted it.

I have the SME phone as you. What exactly should I say to pandora to request this functuonalty?

I have the SME phone as you. What exactly should I say to pandora to request this functuonalty?

Just ask if they can implement song title and artist support over bluetooth in their next release.

Thanks
-J

BTW, does your text message functionality work in the ex? Mine does, but when I get a text message, I get TWO notifications on MFT as if two of the exact same text came in....

Back