• Register Today It's free!

Park Assist Sensors

PGK

Reaction score
City, State
Lake in The Hills, ILL.
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Ford Explorer Sport
Bought my 2016 Explorer Sport in July. For the first 13,000 miles, no problems. Then the park assist senors began to fault. Local dealer had the car for a week called me and said all fixed. 24 hrs later more fault codes. This has continued and I now have an appointment for next week 3rd attempt to repair.

Any body else experiencing similar park assist sensor issues.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Bought my 2016 Explorer Sport in July. For the first 13,000 miles, no problems. Then the park assist senors began to fault. Local dealer had the car for a week called me and said all fixed. 24 hrs later more fault codes. This has continued and I now have an appointment for next week 3rd attempt to repair.

Any body else experiencing similar park assist sensor issues.

Sorry to hear about your experience.
The only issue I had was during the winter, when they were covered in ice and snow; which caused premature warnings when driving forward or reversing.

Sorry to hear about your experience.
The only issue I had was during the winter, when they were covered in ice and snow; which caused premature warnings when driving forward or reversing.
I don't understand why people get Park Assist alarms when they are driving and not parking.:dunno: Never had that issue with my 2011 in which you had turn on the Park Assist switch to activate the system.

Peter

Park Assist Senors

On the 2016 the park assist sensors are activated at start up. There is a switch to turn them off after the car is started if you do not want them on. I like the option, very helpful when parking. I keep mine off until needed. However, when I turn them on they don't do not work and I get a fault code.

I don't understand why people get Park Assist alarms when they are driving and not parking.:dunno: Never had that issue with my 2011 in which you had turn on the Park Assist switch to activate the system.

Peter

It appears the park assist sensors are on by default when the vehicle is running and needs to be disabled.

@PGK email Ford Customer Service Immediately. This is a known issue. Dealers just do the band aid wherein they just replace the individual sensors. I had this issue occur 4 times and drove me crazy (refer to my thread here and @xerais thread here)
Gist of the fix to replace the wiring harness. My dealer was doing the lazy fix as well and things changed when I contacted Ford Support.

Edit: Looks like this is an old thread which am replying out of order. Apologies but the new layout of the forum confused me as I could have sworn that it showed this thread as new.

Back