PCV vent tube not hose?

geobug

Reaction score
City, State
Las Vegas, NV
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 XLT 4.6L 4WD
Hello There!

I have an 03 Explorer XLT 4.6L V8 4WD and, have been trying to eliminate its rough idle. The codes I pulled are P0171 and P0174 bank 1 lean. Two out of four 02 sensors are brand new. I believe the harder to reach ones are the new ones I asked someone to replace, dunno their location names.

I just picked truck up from a small shop that changed the PCV valve and its direct hose (the thicker wider hose with insulation). It was suggested by CarMD that the next step be the 'PCV vent tube' but this part is kind of hard to narrow down. Can someone send me the part number or link please? On Fordparts.com it does say tubing as a category but then there are no tubes listed, only hoses. Part needed is PCV vent tube but is this also referred to as a tube assembly? Long and thin? Because I cannot find things that say PCV vent.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hi thanks for responding. The post you linked, the OP put a picture of exactly the hose I ordered and put in already. So I do have a brand new one of those, with a new elbow thing installed. But, it's not it. Would you be referring for me to order the other numbers in the diagram? Any idea if they are called vent tubes?

Worst and most expensive way to diagnose car repairs is by changing parts without knowing.
Rather than relying on CarMD or other internet sources, go to a qualified tech that can check. GL

6758 with it's other components is what I was leaning towards.

You can't focus too much on the terminology. You could talk to 5 different people and get 5 different names for the same part.

Back