Performance Accessories BL #883

xxScapegoat

Reaction score
City, State
Hesperia/Victorville, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 XLS
after searching for a while, i decided to n00b it out and post a new thread:

i have a 2001 xls 4.0 and am seriously thinking about purchasing this BL. HOWEVER... i saw on summitracing.com that they have a BL (part number PRA-PA-70023) made specifically for an explorer (rather than the ranger-made 883) complete with bumper brackets, rather than the 883 -- which after many searches ive found out -- you need to fab some. The main question i have here is:

would it be more beneficial for me to spend the extra $100 and cut out the hastle of getting someone to fab me some brackets?

sorry about ANOTHER body lift thread, i was digging myself into a hole here.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The 883 will work on your truck with no modifications. Its a direct bolt on.

That's a rediculous price for a body lift anyway.

thank you guys. you can delete this thread if need be.

i saw some pics of a guy 01 with the 3'' BL, with 32's it actually looked decent, just do searchs on peoples profiles

Blee1099 said:
The 883 will work on your truck with no modifications. Its a direct bolt on.

Well almost. You will need to purchase 4 bolts identical in style to the ones in the kit, but 150mm lengths. This will make it so you don't have to drill out the body mounts. The kit has plenty of 180mm bolts if you prefer to drill the mounts out and add a nut to the other side.

The front bumper bracket will work well, but may need a little bending to line the bumper up properly.

The rear bumper is a pain, you will either need to modify the brackets in the kit or fab some up on your own. You will still end up notching your frame and the bumper just a bit. At least I had to..........

dreamr said:
Well almost. You will need to purchase 4 bolts identical in style to the ones in the kit, but 150mm lengths. This will make it so you don't have to drill out the body mounts. The kit has plenty of 180mm bolts if you prefer to drill the mounts out and add a nut to the other side.

The front bumper bracket will work well, but may need a little bending to line the bumper up properly.

The rear bumper is a pain, you will either need to modify the brackets in the kit or fab some up on your own. You will still end up notching your frame and the bumper just a bit. At least I had to..........

Bah.. On mine with the 853, we drilled a few mounts but also used a few extra washers too.

Blee1099 said:
Bah.. On mine with the 853, we drilled a few mounts but also used a few extra washers too.

I am just overly picky and wanted to be able to return it to stock using the original bolts. I had thought at the time that it would be a couple years or more before I went to a straight axle and removed the BL. Looks like it may be coming faster than that. Glad I saved all the bolts. ;)

I didn't have to drill any mounts :D

dreamr said:
I am just overly picky and wanted to be able to return it to stock using the original bolts. I had thought at the time that it would be a couple years or more before I went to a straight axle and removed the BL. Looks like it may be coming faster than that. Glad I saved all the bolts. ;)

I didn't have to drill any mounts :D

Doesn't matter anyways.. I have about 5 to 6 body mounts I took off a wrecked Explorer. Luckily enough I didn't have to pay for them.

so if (when) i get this kit, if i cant fint anyone to fab me up some brackets.. are you ugys volunteering to make me some? = D

robb actually has some i guess blueprints for them, they are pretty easy to make, anyone could easily do it with some metal, a sawzall, and a drill

1097rear_bumper_lift_brackets.jpg

Have fun ;)

Back