• Register Today It's free!

Performance Exhaust Servey

ricere

Reaction score
City, State
Petersburg, Virginia
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 Ranger Edge
I have a 2005 Ranger Edge regular cab short bed with a 3.0 V6 and manual transmission. I am thinking about having a cat-back performance exhaust system installed.:thumbsup:

I would like to hear from anyone who has had this done to their truck with the 3.0 engine, and if you would be willing to spend the $ on the exhaust system again on your truck, knowing what you know now.:confused:

I would also like to know if you noticed any kind of performance improvement and/or fuel mileage improvement after installing the system.

Thanks in advance for your information. It will be very helpful to me.:salute:

Hi there-
I bought my truck with a single Flowmaster 40 series and a real hack-job of a system from the manifolds back. Since then, I've re-done a good chunk of it to where it now consists of 2" pipe from the cats to about the Trans crossmember. From there it rises to 2.5" (don't ask me why) and welds up to the Flowmaster right about the gap between Cab and cargo box, and after that just dumps right under the bed.
As it is, it runs well, but on an otherwise stock truck the hp gains are all but unnoticeable. The idle is loud and rough, but at cruising speed it's fine. Also, you're going to lose a little low-end torque with a freer exhaust, regardless.
Personally, I like the sound, and the rough idle is bearable for now. In time, I'm going to get myself I cheap import muffler (you know the kind, shiny and big) and run it after the flowmaster in front of the right rear wheel- methinks this should cut down on the roughness at idle and add some of that lost low-RPM torque.

Back