Phantom, Random, Uncommanded Windshield Wipe | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Phantom, Random, Uncommanded Windshield Wipe

I had my "phantom wipe" fixed two weeks ago. I have not had one since. I was having five to ten a week. It also has not rained since.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I've got this problem.

So it wasn't "Normal Operation" after all... ;) Three things they can fix on mine, and counting....

I have had the TSB for this issue done twice already and the problem still exists.
I'll mention it to the dealer again when I go back in March for my oil change and tire/wheel swap but it isn't a big deal for me. It does occasionally give me quite a shock when it happens. I have found that it sometimes, but not always, happens when going from a bright area to a darker one. I've had it happen driving into my garage and into the dealer's garage.
If they can't resolve it that's okay to since it is a lease with 13 months to go.

Peter

I've got this problem.

So it wasn't "Normal Operation" after all... ;) Three things they can fix on mine, and counting....

Touch base with me after your dealerships have a chance to look at this, midnightsun and RandyH2. If you need my assistance, PM me your full name, best daytime phone number, VIN, mileage, and dealership.

I have had the TSB for this issue done twice already and the problem still exists...

Feel free to get Bianca on this, Peter. I'm sure she'll be happy to do what she can to help.

Crystal

Back