Phonebook "Add a Contact" command. How does this work? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Phonebook "Add a Contact" command. How does this work?

Lucille

Reaction score
City, State
NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
Explorer XLT '11
I'm having problems with downloading my phonebook. (I wrote another thread on this). I found this instruction on the SyncMyRide website:

"If you have paired your mobile phone with SYNC, but the phonebook cannot be downloaded, add contacts manually. Choose the Phone Menu on SYNC and then choose Add a Contact."

OK, so when I chose "Add a Contact", the next screen says "Begin Sending Contacts From Your Phone".
Then below that it says "0 Contacts Received"
And below that, it has an "OK" button to chose.

I was wondering if anyone could give me instructions on how to use this. How do I begin sending contacts from my phone?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Check to see if your phone is compatible on the stickies page. If it is, what kind of phone? Some BB's are locked down by IT policy and won't release their phone books.

Good luck.

It's compatible. (called the LG EnV2) But, I'm using a phone that used to belong to someone else. I deleted the old contacts in the phone, and added in my contacts.

Somehow, when Sync downloads the phonebook, it downloads all the OLD contacts that used to be in the phone - not mine - even though the old contacts are no longer in the phone.

I've tried:
- deleting the phone from Sync, and re-pairing it.
- deleting the phonebook and re-downloading it.
- master reset

The phone does not have a memory card in it that could cause the old contacts to be stored.

I'm only using this phone because my cell phone broke, and I'm not due for an upgrade until Feb. My old phone synced perfectly.

Maybe numbers are being stored on a SIM card, or you're storig the numbers on the sim card?

I'm having problems with downloading my phonebook. (I wrote another thread on this). I found this instruction on the SyncMyRide website:

"If you have paired your mobile phone with SYNC, but the phonebook cannot be downloaded, add contacts manually. Choose the Phone Menu on SYNC and then choose Add a Contact."

OK, so when I chose "Add a Contact", the next screen says "Begin Sending Contacts From Your Phone".
Then below that it says "0 Contacts Received"
And below that, it has an "OK" button to chose.

I was wondering if anyone could give me instructions on how to use this. How do I begin sending contacts from my phone?

I responded on your other post about your friend's phonebook appearing. Look up the manual for this phone and see if it will allow you to push contacts and perform a factory reset.

Once you're on the "Add a Contact" screen, you will need to go into your phonebook and send the contact via Bluetooth (if this option is available). The zero will then change to the amount of contacts you push through. When you are finished, press OK.

Rebecca

Thank you, Rebecca. I'll try that.

I have the contact addreses for many friends, relatives, etc. on my phone, and those addresses will tranfer to Navigation which is cool.

I responded on your other post about your friend's phonebook appearing. Look up the manual for this phone and see if it will allow you to push contacts and perform a factory reset.

Once you're on the "Add a Contact" screen, you will need to go into your phonebook and send the contact via Bluetooth (if this option is available). The zero will then change to the amount of contacts you push through. When you are finished, press OK.

Rebecca

Thank you, Rebecca. I was able add my contacts into the sync phonebook with the "Add a Contact" function. All the old contacts are still in the phonebook as well, but that's ok for now.

Back