• Register Today It's free!

Pickup Bed Accessories

mjbushnell

Reaction score
City, State
Berkeley Heights, NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 Sport
I've just purchased a 2005 Ranger (picking it up tomorrow afternoon) & have some questions about accessories for the bed. This will be my first pickup truck (it's replacing a '93 Explorer Sport).

I'd like to put in a spray-on bed liner, & a tonneau cover.

For the spray-on bed liner, I quess the main choices are Rhino & Line-X. There are 3 dealers for Rhino within 10-15 miles of me (one is only a couple of miles from the Ford Dealer where I'm getting my Ranger). It appears that the closest Line-X dealer is about 65 miles away. Is there enough difference between Rhino & Line-X to warrant going 65 miles away instead of a closer Rhino dealer?

For a Tonneau cover, I really want to get one, but I haven't made up my mind wheather to get a soft cover or a hard cover. I am leaning towards a hard cover, of which there are several brands to chose from. I am saying this because I believe it would provide better security than a soft cover. Granted, it would not be as convient when you put something taller than the sides of the truck's bed, as you would have to remove the cover to put the load in.

Thanks for any info.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

line-X is alittle smoother..my grandpas got that in his f-150..its crazy tuff..i have hit it with a the sharp side of a hammer..few other things trying to see if it would crack,bend..whatever..nothing..strong!!

and for the cover..i would say get a rolling one..retrax is one of the best. it looks great..an you can roll it up to haul large things..or have it closed..its really awsome..but the price is kinda steep.

How close are the prices on the two bedliner brands? That might help make the decision, since they are both decent brands.

RangerX said:
How close are the prices on the two bedliner brands? That might help make the decision, since they are both decent brands.

I've still got to look into that.

I like the looks of the line x the best but once I get around to a liner I will prbably go with who ever is cheaper.

I like hard covers better but have never looked into the difference between the manufaturers I use a tool box instead for strage and bgger items in the bed get locked with a chain as needed.

I had line-x in my ranger, and it took all kinds of abuse. I've seen Rhino linings peel, but that may just have been from sloppy application by the shop that did it.

Back