Pimp My Ride: How should I spend $750: Coilovers, Winch, Lockers? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Pimp My Ride: How should I spend $750: Coilovers, Winch, Lockers?

I'm thinking about doing some upgrades to the rig, with a budget of up to $750
I'm thinking, in order of my preference:

1) Coilover swap, ditch the t-bars using the ORW bracketry and either FOX or QA1 coilovers.

2) 9000lbs Winch on a receiver sled.

3) Front Locker? Rear Locker? (If so, then what kind, keeping in mind the $750 cap. I have the factory rear L/S now)

4) Save my money towards a down payment on a house. :p:

Thoughts? Donations?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

wheres the give it to snj option?

welder would be great if you plan on using it alot. for me i have 2 i can use anytime within a 20 minute drive, so i have no need for my own
any tool i buy is an investment. if i dont get a return its not worth it imo

rebuild the rear, i dont think your outdoing the ls enough to go to a locker, esp since youd need an open carier, etc...

winch's are seriously useful, but for me atleast i always am sure to have someone to pull my arse out

if i was you and it were my truck id ditch the bars and throw some coilovers in there. from what i understand they make a hell of a difference in the ride, and yes, theyre bling, and bling is good

edit: also not i make no comment on the save money thing. i am in no position to talk of such things and in all seriousness if we all wanted to go that way none of us would have wheeling rigs

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Jay... In the meantime, what's the chance that you and I could have a sliders party and weld up some sets for our trucks with those welders?

Then there would totally be a donate to SNJ option :D

if you can wait till im rolling again and we can have a slider party

throw the t bars in the closest scrap pile,
i don't have them anymore, and it's all good
i vote for coilovers,,,,, and more ground clearance,

if you can wait till im rolling again and we can have a slider party

Sure - sounds great!

Oh, and if you need someone to do some grinding, feel free to give me a call :D How's the hand healing???

im so flipping you off right now, ya just cant tell because the splints keeping me from putting a certain digit down.

:p:

its doin alright. ive been back at work since tues, and it kinda bothers me there, but its fine otherwise

ill pm u the rest to avoid further derailing the thread

Yea it is a 110 machine. 1/4 is doable. Gas makes it nice, hardly any splatter.

I've done MIG and FCAW, and unless there's a show-stopper, I'm a gas man. 110 certainly has its pluses, food for thought; time for some research. :thumbsup:

Back