• Register Today It's free!

Piu No sync cables

evanseptember

Reaction score
City, State
Bristol
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 police interceptor u
My harness seems to not have any sync wiring for sync 1 there are 4 plugs that don't go anywhere and I was wondering if I would be able to put sync into the car without the 2 factory sync connectors that come out of the main wiring hub
20230108_142044.jpg
20230108_142006.jpg
20230108_141953.jpg
20230108_141941.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

As I understand, SYNC is a different module that only comes in vehicles ordered with the option. I'd be that the 14 and 6 pin connectors you are seeing are the ones for police gear installation. The car was delivered with labelled pigtails to connect.
There are costly aftermarket options to add Ford SYNC and the larger screen. Since yours is a '15, you may do better with an aftermarket radio and kit.

As I understand, SYNC is a different module that only comes in vehicles ordered with the option. I'd be that the 14 and 6 pin connectors you are seeing are the ones for police gear installation. The car was delivered with labelled pigtails to connect.
There are costly aftermarket options to add Ford SYNC and the larger screen. Since yours is a '15, you may do better with an aftermarket radio and kit.
Thank you
Would there be any way to add an aux cable from what I have and that would be relatively easy I know I'm going to have to change some things in forscan but the actual hardware side I'm completely lost there's alot of information that I've seen but not a clear answer on where and what I would need to do

Thank you
Would there be any way to add an aux cable from what I have and that would be relatively easy I know I'm going to have to change some things in forscan but the actual hardware side I'm completely lost there's alot of information that I've seen but not a clear answer on where and what I would need to do
There was someone selling a kit that had the cable for an Aux input. you'd have to search online, I don't recall who it was.

My harness seems to not have any sync wiring for sync 1 there are 4 plugs that don't go anywhere and I was wondering if I would be able to put sync into the car without the 2 factory sync connectors that come out of the main wiring hub
Welcome to the Forum. :wave:

Peter

As far as I know, if your PIU doesn't have bluetooth or anything equipped, it doesn't have a SYNC module.

As far as I know, if your PIU doesn't have bluetooth or anything equipped, it doesn't have a SYNC module.
Correct. My understanding is that a Aux In line can be connected and set up. I don't have details on how to make that work, but it involved a special pigtail that someone was selling on line.

Correct. My understanding is that a Aux In line can be connected and set up. I don't have details on how to make that work, but it involved a special pigtail that someone was selling on line.
Yes, you can add AUX but you'll still lack Bluetooth capabilities, going back to 2009 where we used AUX cables. You can kind of get around it with an Echo Auto or something.

Confirming you can wire in the Aux port to the back of our radio (non sync). It’s a few pins that need to be wired from the radio to the Aux jack. I had a civilian console so I wired it to that. There was an older thread on this topic where someone wired it to a Bluetooth module instead which might be the better route.

Once it’s wired in you do have to use Forscan to enable the feature in your radio. The other thing I noticed with my Aux is that the volume is much lower than the radio so I have to turn up the volume a bit when my phones connected.

Back