Planning a lift...PLz share info | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Planning a lift...PLz share info

:sigh:

I thought 33s looked small with the 4" lift so that's why I eventually went with 35s. This was also my daily driver for 3 years.

Here is the 4" w/33s and no rubbing issues.

1600explorerlift33.jpg

well i had 33x12.5's and they rubbed maybe 33x10.5's wouldnt rub i think they all look small but i dont like hearing tires rub

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

yeah I only have 31"s Iwant 33 or 35, not sure what will fit yet.
the x has cost me enough already I want to play with the tracker.
the lift finally cost 1200, but now I'm dealing with alignment prob.
It was told to me that a lift over 5 in. might be cheaper.
I'm at 26 1/2 in from road to bottom bumper.
27 is the max legally in ohio for front
are you wanting a body lift or susp. lift

i want to do suspension if at all possible... and i wou8ld be on 31s for like 2-3 months maybe so i could live with tht look till then. i cant get the ebay seller to talk to me and i beleive u guys are right about it lowering and not lifting. so does anyone have other suggestions of lift?

i want to do suspension if at all possible... and i wou8ld be on 31s for like 2-3 months maybe so i could live with tht look till then. i cant get the ebay seller to talk to me and i beleive u guys are right about it lowering and not lifting. so does anyone have other suggestions of lift?

I wouldn't buy that lift I think the blocks would lower it in the rear. As for the tire issue 31 is too small, however if you can live with it for 2-3 months then so be it. I would be very careful till then. When I did my lift my X was very tippy till I got wider rims and tires. My lift was 1.5 inches higher, but still you are changing the center of gravity. How much offroad/daily driving do you do?

from what he told me its his daily driver to and from school....and idk bout the off roading.

from what he told me its his daily driver to and from school....and idk bout the off roading.

correct it will b on the road more than off... and say i were to find 4" lifting springs for the front and do shackles in the back? would this b an option?

If I were you I would just buy the Rough Country kit from their website. Thats what I did. I think total was around $800 after shipping but It came with everything, shocks w/boots, pitman arm, 4" lift leafs (not aal), etc.

www.roughcountry.com

For a while I had a 3" BL and the 4" RC lift and only 31/10.5/15 tires. It looked kinda silly but I could pretty much max out the suspension and not get any rubbing. After like a year I saved up enough and bought 35"s.

Here is a pic of the 31"s...

HPIM0817.jpg

If I were you I would just buy the Rough Country kit from their website. Thats what I did. I think total was around $800 after shipping but It came with everything, shocks w/boots, pitman arm, 4" lift leafs (not aal), etc.

www.roughcountry.com

For a while I had a 3" BL and the 4" RC lift and only 31/10.5/15 tires. It looked kinda silly but I could pretty much max out the suspension and not get any rubbing. After like a year I saved up enough and bought 35"s.

Here is a pic of the 31"s...

HPIM0817.jpg

K thx dirtyXplorer,i figured how to switch it from the blocks to the leaf spriings option. For the whole kit plus shipping it will be like $762 and me and my buddies will install it probly. I have some more saving up to do and then after i purchase the lift ill do wheels and tires next. Planning 15x8's steelies with 33's. ty everyone, will post pics of like b4 and after prolly in the next month or so. :thumbsup:

Back