Platinum - Price paid? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Platinum - Price paid?

Some members say that the Husky 3rd row floor liner will cover that area. Can't verify that though. This thread mentions that; http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/...d.php?t=365873
There were also pictures of the area with the console removed, however, as often happens when members use 3rd party picture posting services, the pictures have disappeared.

Peter

This is true, that area between the seats is covered. I have the Husky front liners, second liners, third row seats liner, back liner (that you can leave in place with the back seats in storage position) and the liner that covers the entire back with the back seats in storage (that you have to remove to unfold the back seats for use).

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

So, it appears I'm looking at exact same set-up: Platinum with tri-coat and 2d row bucket seats, so MSRP is $55,205. Dealer is offering about $3,400 off, then $500 incentive and $750 private incentive. If going through Ford zero percent financing, then the $1,450 incentive does not apply.

However, they also installed $1,600 in dealer add-ons, such as nitrogen in tires, window tinting, wheel locks, and digishield and are asking for the entire $1,600 tacked on. Plus a $600 dealer fee.

Seems like we could do better.

So, it appears I'm looking at exact same set-up: Platinum with tri-coat and 2d row captain's chairs, so MSRP is $55,205. Dealer is offering about $3,400 off, then $500 incentive and $750 private incentive. If going through Ford zero percent financing, then the $1,450 incentive does not apply.

However, they also installed $1,600 in dealer add-ons, such as nitrogen in tires, window tinting, wheel locks, and digishield and are asking for the entire $1,600 tacked on. Plus a $600 dealer fee.

Seems like we could do better.

This sounds all sorts of bad...

Im at the exact same MSRP of you @ 55.205 +t/t/etc...
This dealer includes wheel locks and all weather mats for free in any new purchase.

They are MSRP - 3022 (dealer discount...) - 950 cash back (if dont take the 0%) so 52.183 at 0% or 51.233 with our own financing (1.75%)

We will get an esp (through the links on this site or them if they match) and we are "considering..." the interior seat protection for like $300-$500

Now before everyone says this is a terrible move... We think the tan seats look MUCH better than the black. But my wife thinks that with kids and everything (and we plan on having this for 8+ years) that the tan/cream seats will get destroyed (I kind of agree and disagree but i digress...). So if we go with the cream seats we ill prob throw away $300 for her peace of mind.

re: the 1600. I wouldnt pay a penny of it. Most of that is BS. And the dealer fee? WTF is that? Do you have more stock around you? those seem like tell-tell signs of a shady dealership IMHO.

Unfortunately not every explorer qualifies for the $1000 smart bonus cash, only the oldest units in stock and that's only 10% of total inventory. So for example I have 20 explorers and only 2 with the smart tag bonus on them.

this...

I have followed up with a couple dealers in my area.

Right now (until June 3rd for new incentives that could be more/less) the only incentive in my area is th 950 cash or 0%x72.

To get the 1K bonus cash it has to be on their lot for 60 days and the Plats dont seem to stick around, especially the ones with the buckets.

They claim that memorial day pricing was released early from Ford this year and you wont see any changes until after June 3rd (other than dealership promotions for the holiday like free oil changes or including wheel locks/mats/etc. etc. etc.) so for what its worth..

this...

I have followed up with a couple dealers in my area.

Right now (until June 3rd for new incentives that could be more/less) the only incentive in my area is th 950 cash or 0%x72.

To get the 1K bonus cash it has to be on their lot for 60 days and the Plats dont seem to stick around, especially the ones with the buckets.

They claim that memorial day pricing was released early from Ford this year and you wont see any changes until after June 3rd (other than dealership promotions for the holiday like free oil changes or including wheel locks/mats/etc. etc. etc.) so for what its worth..

Yes platinums do sell fairly fast that and dealers got to choose which got them. I put it on one of the platinums that I had and on a base model for a cheap ad car. The pricing you have seems like a solid deal. It's just whether you want to gamble and wait for June incentives or not.

.....This dealer includes wheel locks and all weather mats for free in any new purchase.
Just a word on the all weather mats. If you live in an area that gets snow/ice etc, it may be better to forego those mats and see if perhaps they might throw in mud guards )installed) instead. The mats are quite useless and you'd be better off going with WeatherTech or Husky liners (Husky preferably for their coverage).

Peter

Back