• Register Today It's free!

Platinum Sync 3

jed99

Reaction score
City, State
Ottawa, Ontario
Year, Model & Trim Level
Explorer 2016 Platinum
Anyone know if the late availability 2016 Explorer Platinum will be Sync 3 equipped or old MFT?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Anyone know if the late availability 2016 Explorer Platinum will be Sync 3 equipped or old MFT?

No one really knows, even within Ford the rumors keep changing.

I would suggest those people paying top dollar for a Platinum would be expecting SYNC3.

If one was to purchase a Platinum and not care about future proofing themselves with SYNC3 they are very naive.

The sad reality is compared to the competition SYNC3 is nothing special. The GUI looks like Windows Basic, functionality and user integration is what was promised with early MFT. Even GM for all their issues is way ahead.

Not sure what that has to do with the Platinum having Sync 3 though. Can you elaborate?

This only means that SYNC 3 is finally out, nobody has seen it before...

Well you see it's really quite simple. The Escape and the Platinum share the letters E; P & A so therefore they are similar vehicles. Similar vehicles that share 3 or more letters are essentially the same. It is from this hypothesis that we form the theory. As the theory may be confirmed at a later date, one can easily conclude that the poster made the correct correlation between those 2 vehicles.

I hope that clears it up...

I have 3 Ex's all with syncs. Does anyone know where they are? How does the faucet work? Does it make it's own water or do you have to fill a tank somewhere. Seems this would be great for camping. With the 110V outlet, I could carry a coffee maker and have fresh joe whenever I want...

I have 3 Ex's all with syncs. Does anyone know where they are? How does the faucet work? Does it make it's own water or do you have to fill a tank somewhere. Seems this would be great for camping. With the 110V outlet, I could carry a coffee maker and have fresh joe whenever I want...

I have 4 ex's but only 2 of them can make a cup of joe.

Back