Point of Interest, 5.0L Mustang Harnesses- 10 Pin Connectors on Intake | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Point of Interest, 5.0L Mustang Harnesses- 10 Pin Connectors on Intake

To All 5.0 Conversions,

I was out on the 5.0 Stang Web Site and posted a problem I was having with my 5.0L/Ranger and got the following answer:

Q) High idle, I can be driving along and the vehicle will feel as if it is taking off on its own. If I put the vehicle in neutral the rpm of the engine will be around 1500 to 2000 rpms, whass up? Some times when the engine is just idling normally the rpm will jump.

A) Take apart the two 10 pin connectors attached on the back of the intake, clean the pins on both sides of each connector, look for bad connections. Also squeeze the female connectors a little to tighten them, (now that would be nice if we could do that to our - (sorry family site). Do not squeeze them too much.

:hammer:
So what am I getting to, if you have the harness out of the vehicle it would be easier to check out the two ten pin connectors NOW.
If anyone is having this problem like I am try the answer out, it seems to be working.

Good Luck,

:usa: :chug: :ca:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sandy, what's the address for the 5.0 Stang Web Site?

Here we go again!

I am work at the moment and will have to look it up when I get home.

Sorry bout dat!

:usa: :chug: :ca:

Thanks Sandy. I visit the corral fairly often. Great source of info for anything related to the 5.0 and much more. I've learned tons from that site.

Hopefully I won't have any harness problems right off, since mine is brand new. But you never know ...... Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Sandy,
I just read the post on the mustang site.....sounds like this is a common problem. My mustang 5.0 harness has those factory installed jumper cables on them...... which in the end makes 40 pin connections. (instead of 2-10pin=20) (Instead of lengthening the harness I guess ford just decided to make a add on harness extension.... hmm?? I will most likely just dump those extra jumper cables, if I have the flexibility too....we'll see, I start my conversion next week.

Al

To All,

I have read at two "Cable and Harness" sites that they do away with the two, ten pin connectors when they build a custom harness for a Swap/Hot Rod.

So What do you guys thinks, can we do away with the two, ten pin connectors.

I think we can, anyone else?

:usa: :chug: :usa:

Back