Pointless thread, got my 1st subbox I ever built back today! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Pointless thread, got my 1st subbox I ever built back today!

VairKing

Midwest-Xplorer Member
Reaction score
City, State
Kalamazoo, Michigan
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 EB V8 AWD
Well today I met up with the guy I sold my first sub box I ever built and he said he still had it and gave it back to me! I built it for the standard cab 89 Ranger I was driving at the time, which had the bright red interior, and it had a 10" Sony Xplode sub in it (you know red and black) it was pretty pimp, and really made my lil ranger bump! It was instantly dubbed the "tickle me subbox" since the tickle me elmo doll was at its peak poplularity when I built the thing...Okay this is pretty pointless, but I was excited to actually get it back! And now for the pic!

Attachments

• tickleme.jpg
    tickleme.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 200

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

that carpet almost looks like shag...hmmmm.... gives me an idea?? Anyone ever uses shag carpet on a sub box? I could immagine the carpet just mooving when the bass would hit.

Oh it moves :)

Um that sub I just had layin around, i believe its a radio shack optimus 10" that claims to handle 100 watts max...it might get hooked up to the 1300 watt audiobahn one of these days just for ***** and giggles...:D

Originally posted by VairKing
Um that sub I just had layin around, i believe its a radio shack optimus 10" that claims to handle 100 watts max...it might get hooked up to the 1300 watt audiobahn one of these days just for ***** and giggles...:D

with the gain turned down to bout VERY LITTLE

=)

PEACE

i have a brutus 1500D and i love when my friends come over and be like i need to blow these so i can get store credit at bust buy. :)

Originally posted by VairKing

we did that with a guy's amp at work. Come to think of it, it was the big 1800W audiobahn amp. We ran it to a Pioneer 4x6 and watched it bounce on the concrete before it started smoking :smoke:

Originally posted by Robb
Pull the carpet off and sell it again! :)

Yeah...make money twice on it lol

Back