ported and polished heads - 4.0 OHV | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

ported and polished heads - 4.0 OHV

Ok speedfreaks :D

I have a set of ported and polished heads for sale. Built for a blower, 500 miles on them. I don't know what I was thinkin when I bought them - I go slow!

Anyhow - they're $500 OBO - let me know.

(Yes - this is also in the For Sale section ;) )

J

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

But they're 91-94 heads, not 95+ heads, right?

I know they work on 91-94 OHV. Is there a difference in the heads in the 95+ OHV's?

J

Yup.

Ok - I'll bite - besides compression (I know the 95+ increase compression on 91-94) what is the difference?

J

I think basically the compression and the shape of each cylinder head is a bit different.

Jon what is the casting number on the heads?

If they are early models heads they will fit the later models, but with the dished pistons of the later models the compression ratio will be reduced to the 8.2:1 range on a late model. Stock early model is 9:1. I believe they would make an even better supercharger head since it would allow running a bit more boost. Bolt patterns on exhaust, intake and such are all the same. The early model heads have a larger combustion chamber than the later heads. Doug904 would know more about the early/late swap.

I thought I had some pics of these heads, but I cant find them.

So could I run these heads and maybe change my s/c pulley to run about 8 lbs of boost? My ignition and fuel systems have plenty of room to add boost. I wouldn't want to run more than that because it would be too many turbine rpms for the s/c.

If these will work on mine, than dibs ;)

Alec,
I bought these from Dean a while back - here is what was done and info on 95+ OHV...
"I have a set of performance heads for the 91-94 4.0 OHV Ranger or Explorer Motor for sale. They will bolt up to a post 94 model 4.0, but the compression will be lower than stock. (My guess would be 8:1 insted of 9:1). This reduction in compression would be perfect if you are planning on building a blower motor with a late model shortblock.

These heads have over 1000 dollars worth of parts and labor in them. This is not including the cost of the core heads themselves. The original receipt comes with the heads, and I can scan it and e-mail it upon request to anyone. I can also take pictures of the heads and send them to those that are interested.

Heads feature:

Port and Polish Job
3 Angle Valve Job
Polished Combustion Chambers
Comp Cams Dual Valve Springs
Aftermarket Stainless Steel Valves
Aftermarket Valve Locks
Hardened Steel Valve Retainers
Viton Valve Stem Seals

The heads were professionally built for a supercharged motor, but they will work fine on a N/A truck. They have less than 500 miles on them, and work fine."

Let me know if you want them!

J

I'm waiting to see if Doug emails me back.

If you have another buyer ready to send cash, then sell them. However, I am still fairly serious about buying them.

I'm most likely gonna buy them.

Sent you a PM. I have them and am planning on using them. I'll let you know if I want to sell them.

Back