Power antenna | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Power antenna

aldive

Elite In Memoriam
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 XLT
Are there any output leads for controlling a power antenna on the factory head unit?
Has anyone added a power antenna?
Thanks....

You could probably splice into the existing radio's remote line lead if you could identify which one it was. This site may help you:

Dead Link Removed

The problem seems to be that Fords have a 5 volt turn on signal rather than the 12 like most other cars and components. Because of this you'll need to go out and get a Low Voltage Trigger too. An inexpensive piece you can get from Sounddomain.com or anywhere else, I'd figure.

Hello,
I installed a power antenna in my 96 XLT. Go here to read the post about my installation:

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=23022

Installing a stock power antenna is difficult if your truck didn't originally come with one because you'll be missing the harness and the power antenna control module.

I haven't had any problems with the J.C Whitney antenna.

Carter

Originally posted by JTang
You could probably splice into the existing radio's remote line lead if you could identify which one it was. This site may help you:

Dead Link Removed

The problem seems to be that Fords have a 5 volt turn on signal rather than the 12 like most other cars and components. Because of this you'll need to go out and get a Low Voltage Trigger too. An inexpensive piece you can get from Sounddomain.com or anywhere else, I'd figure.

WOW, that's one hell of an install!! I am looking for something like that, only two 12` subs, not FOUR!!! LOL my god, that guy must be hard of hearing, I know I would be!!

Back