Power locks - unlock won't work | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Power locks - unlock won't work

amwhitt1

Reaction score
City, State
Raleigh
Year, Model & Trim Level
There is no response to my keyring for lock or unlock.

All of my door locks will unlock with the actual key. From inside the vehicle, the button on all doors work for lock but unlock works for none.

I did feel a shock from the drivers door when I opened it and after I got done driving it and got out to shut the door.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Did you check the battery in the key fob? If its still good then check your fuses. The shock you felt was most likely only static, I get this every time I get out of mine.

I'll check the battery in the keychain tomorrow.

Pushing "unlock" on the door buttons inside my car won't work. Pushing "lock" on the door buttons inside my car works.

I had the same prob a while back. the key fobs worked but the inside door would not lock from the inside. The passenger side would work the drives side did not. if you pull up the floor kick step on the rear pass door. this is a wire with a plastic split on it. i don't remember the color right now i will have to look for you u tomorrow when its bright out. So what happen is water has gotten inside the wire and its just corroded. I hope some else knows what im talking about here.

Now my lock function stopped working. Also, my radio is now out.

Back