power mirror wiring diagrams yellow wire? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

power mirror wiring diagrams yellow wire?

wayne1

Reaction score
City, State
WI
Year, Model & Trim Level
mine is a 1996 explorer.
o.k. the passenger side mirror, i had to replace cause of a accident,
well i put the new one in and it does not work.
there are 3 wires at the plug connector in the door.
1 green
1 purple
1 yellow

the green or purple both give 11 volts when moving the switch up and left or down and right, or vise virsa so its getting power in all directions.

so whats the yellow a ground?

i searched and did not get what i was looking for.

It doesn't quite work like that. The wiring is "similar" to your window wiring... what does that mean.... basically you have two wires going to the motor.... the direction that the motor turns is dependant on the polarity across those wires. Of course, in this case you have two motors and three wires..... so there is one wire going to each motor (DG, P) while the Y is "common" between the two motors. why does yours not work. For a given operation (up, down, sideways), you need to see voltage on one and ground on another for the motor to operate. P goes to the up/down while DG goes to the L/R. So again depending on the operation, check accordingly with a meter. Me thinks you have a broken yellow near the "area of impact".... just a guess.

Just a guess but you probably never need to adjust your mirrors? So maybe the fault was there before and now you have fitted a new mirror you have to adjust it for the first time in ages. Is the other side mirror fully working? Could be a switch fault affecting one or both sides.

Back