Power seats in a non-power Explorer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Power seats in a non-power Explorer

dpost01

Reaction score
City, State
Louisville, KY
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 XLS
I took the leather power seats out of a 2004 Explorer and putting them in my 2002 Explorer. The connectors under the seat are different and it is not a simple plug-n-play. I have gotten power to the drivers seat and it works correctly, but now the air bag light is on. I have been reading and think it might be something with the yellow connector. I have tried to splice a line from the truck harnesss into the seat harness, since they are no longer the same.

Has anyone did this before? Did you solve this problem?

Well this might not be the correct answer to your problem, but it might help a little. I did a front seat swap earlier this year. Basically I ran into the wiring problem with my 02, I took a salvaged driver side seat (power) off a 03 and non power for passenger. When it came time to hooking everything up the harnessess were different, so what I wind up doing is just taking the actual seat belt buckle off (two bolts) and removing all the wiring underneath the seat (my 02) seeing its all attached as a bundle to the seat belt buckle piece and removed the 03' seat wiring and applied my buckle piece to it. Basically swapped seat belt buckles for both seat. took a snap shot of each seat before taking everything off and reversed the process to install them back on. Everything worked perfectly. On the floorboard of my ex there was 2 harness for the driver, one being green I believe and the other gray.

Here was my original thread on my project:

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=311264

Perfect suggestion. I took the old seat belt buckles off my old seats and put them on the new seats. Plugged in the factory connections and the airbag light went off. Solid suggestion. Thanks.

Back