• Register Today It's free!

proportioning valve

robthecob

Reaction score
City, State
tennessee
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 explorer
I have no back brakes at all. the proportion valve will not let fluid to rear wheels. I checked the voltage on the wiring on the proportioning valve. I don't have a schematic so wasn't sure which ones were supposed to be hot and which ones were not. I got a .5 the rating on the front to post. but no rating on the rear post on the hook up. I have never dealt with a proportioning valve that had electric components. sometimes the front brakes will stop working also. does anyone have a schematic on the wiring or no a way of getting around my problem. I don't know if the valve is bad or the wiring is bad. I think it is the proportioning valve. it is a friends vehicle, an we replace the master cylinderd he has ne.ver realiz..ed it had no rear brakes. it is super dangerous. to drive. if anyone could give me any information on wiring or information. o.n the valve itself I would b forever thankful.

I have no back brakes at all. the proportion valve will not let fluid to rear wheels. I checked the voltage on the wiring on the proportioning valve. I don't have a schematic so wasn't sure which ones were supposed to be hot and which ones were not. I got a .5 the rating on the front to post. but no rating on the rear post on the hook up. I have never dealt with a proportioning valve that had electric components. sometimes the front brakes will stop working also. does anyone have a schematic on the wiring or no a way of getting around my problem. I don't know if the valve is bad or the wiring is bad. I think it is the proportioning valve. it is a friends vehicle, an we replace the master cylinderd he has ne.ver realiz..ed it had no rear brakes. it is super dangerous. to drive. if anyone could give me any information on wiring or information. o.n the valve itself I would b forever thankful.

That is the rear ABS (anti lock brake) valve.

Is the ABS light on?

Does the ABS light function? .. ..

When you turn the key on (not start) the ABS light should come on, then after start go out.

If you have no rear brakes however it is definitely a bad ABS valve.

Even if there is a electrical/electronic failure there should never be a interruption in normal brake function.

Got em right here at Summit Racing for $162
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/aaz-12-2029/overview/year/1992/make/ford/model/explorer

Back