• Register Today It's free!

pulling right side

ARTURPOLAND

Reaction score
City, State
POZNAN, POLAND
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 HIGHCLASS
Hi, I have a '97 SOHC. When I bought it I have noticed that the car is slightly pulling to right side (mostly at speed higher than 40 mph). Meanwhile I changed all ball joints and brake discs, i had wheel allignment done, tire rotated and car is still pulling. Not much but it is very frustrating to keep the steering wheel all the time and correct driving direction. Help, please I have no idea what schould I do more (schocks, sway bar end links, torsion bars, steering gear broken, steering fluid out of range or ??????).

Artur, POLAND

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

schocks, sway bar end links, torsion bars, steering gear broken, steering fluid out of range or ??
these things dont affect whether or not your vehicle travels in a straight line.

I say the place that did your alignment did not do a very good job. Go back and tell them it still pulls to one side. Typically, if you bring your car to a chain merchant like NTB (National Tire and Bbattery), they will guarantee the alignment for X number of months. But I dont know what merchants you have there in Poland.

My Explorer started pulling to the right at speed and it turned out to be a slow leak in my front left tire. Just 3 lbs difference between my right and left front tires would cause the steering to pull to the right. When both tires were inflated the same, it would steer straight and true.

Alignment Problem

I have the same issue in that the rig still pulls to the right. I have replaced the front rotors and brakes recently, replaced the lower ball joints (with alignment) last month and the tires are new as of two months ago, all around.
Each time I have asked the tire shop to look at the alignment.

They say it tracks right on the computer specifications.

What gives?:rolleyes:

I have come to think that this is a ford problem! By buddys f 150 dose the same thing!Also, i just barely got new tires and an alignment. i can still take a off ramp by just letting go of the wheel!

yeah mine does the same! i replaced shocks, sway bar end links alignment and it still does. i recently put it in 4w hi and its even worse any thoughts?

TIA

The first thing to check is the tire pressure. Make sure they are all inflated properly. A low rear tire can cause the front wheels to pull also.

If the tires are all inflated properly, the alignment is probably off slightly. I woudl re-visit the alignment shop where the work was done originally and have them check it again. I suspect something is off.

-Joe

HA both the exs i had/have pull to the....RIGHT. its annoying. i got the old one aligned after it got ball joints and the sheet was all in the green recomended area. and it still pulled.. it was annoying as hell. and its wearing the inside of my drivers tire out.

Back