Q-Form kickpanels for 98+

karl_burns

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Winston Salem, NC - Go Deacs!
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 Sport OHV 5speed
I know y'all wouldn't believe me.... so I brought pictures.

But first, the details:
The lack of availability of kickpanels for our 98+ Explorers is beyond comprehension. For the best selling vehicle in America, especially over the past few years, why didn't Q-Form make these? I searched 3 years for kickpanels, and was always told there were none available, unless I went the custom route. That route led to $800+, or I learned how to use fiberglass. Well, I tried fiberglass, but it didn;t come out perfectly. I even got some Ford Ranger kickpanels, but they didn't fit perfectly. I finally took my truck to a trusted audio store an hour away, prepared to bite the bullet (~$500). The manager, Justin, asked if I knew of any kickpanels for my truck. I mentioned my fruitless search, and he promised to make a few calls. When the phone rang a few days later, I expected bad news, and the price he quoted to triple. To my astonishment.......Q-From MADE kickpanels for the 1998 Explorer. They never distributed them, because the emergency brake got in the way. Well, some slight "modification", and a few minuteslater a set of Q-Forms fit in my truck perfecly. And for a fraction of the cost!

Here ya go (E-Brake):
showphoto.php

Drivers Side:
showphoto.php

Passneger Side:
showphoto.php

I've got the phone number of the soter, if that's OK to post. Charged me $200 for the kicks. Anyone in New England looking for EXCELLENT servicce, I'll tell you where.

Thanks!
Karl Burns :cool:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

How do you do this??????

Well, they are the only pictures under General for my username in the gallery.
Sorry.....
Karl

lol- i don't have an e-brake...

Nope. These really are the 1998 Q-Forms that were never marketed b/c they interfered with the e-brake.... a liability most stores didn't want to take on. Your local car stereo place will have to call their Q-Form person. If you don't get anywhere, I'll PM you the name of the guy that got them for me.
Karl

Only $200? Not too bad actually. I was going to get these until I just became lazy and put the components in the doors instead. :D

Back