Question about body repair and hitch cargo carriers. Please help | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Question about body repair and hitch cargo carriers. Please help

lsufan

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
01 explorer sport
Fellas:salute:

I recently was trying to fit into a covered awning and 'brushed' up against the support poles.

J8y7xST.jpg

cE0NYxu.jpg

jY5W1bY.jpg

Can anyone tell me what kind of repair shop I need to go to have this repaired? It looks like its going to cost more because of where it's located.

Secondly, I love going to music festivals and my baby takes me everywhere. I've learned a lot over the past 4 festivals and am currently expanding my gear and WAS looking at a hitch-mounted cargo carrier similar to this one until I noticed that my truck doesn't have a female part to support such carrier. Can anyone provide an alternative?

EwoaD4B.jpg

6eI9Ccz.jpg

Thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

For the hitch not having a female part. That's cause your only hitch is the bumper hitch.
If you get a true class III or higher hitch, it'll support a carrier.
You can probably find one at a scrap yard.

For the hitch not having a female part. That's cause your only hitch is the bumper hitch.
If you get a true class III or higher hitch, it'll support a carrier.
You can probably find one at a scrap yard.

I'm sorry, I'm not the best with cars. Am I simply looking for a turnaround? If you could show an example, or maybe the part on a site, that'd be a tremendous help.

Please and thank you.

EDIT

http://www.amazon.com/Manufacturing...qid=1378332571&sr=1-1&keywords=class+3+hitch?

look up "reciever hitch" they are like 60-120$ for a basic U-Haul or similar one. they bolt right to the frame and stick out under the bumper. And for teh body work, i would try giving it a real good wash, then buff it out, most shops probably wouldnt charge too much for that, and probably any old body shop, dealership (more expencive though) or even a small local repair shop could probably do it.

look up "reciever hitch" they are like 60-120$ for a basic U-Haul or similar one. they bolt right to the frame and stick out under the bumper. And for the body work, i would try giving it a real good wash, then buff it out, most shops probably wouldnt charge too much for that, and probably any old body shop, dealership (more expencive though) or even a small local repair shop could probably do it.

http://www.amazon.com/Manufacturing...d=1378332571&sr=1-1&keywords=class+3+hitch???

The car is dented, the last picture gives it some depth but yeah, that sucker is pressed in. Needs to be beaten out with a hammer

That is the male part you need the female receiver hitch as for the dent sand it a little then fill w bondo

Back