• Register Today It's free!

Question about Tire/Wheel Size?

kybronk2

Reaction score
City, State
Pikeville,KY
Year, Model & Trim Level
'89 Bronco ll XLT
Hey Guys! First post here,I love lookin at the info on the Forums here! Anyway,my B2 has about 5-1/2" of lift(3" Body,2.5 Suspension),I'm ready to do some New Wheels and Tires,just wondering about the Size. Would ya do 15x8's,or 15x10's? Would 33's be pretty good in Height? I don't do heavy off roading,just trail in some places. I've mainly set out to restore this thing nicely,It got started when the trans went down 12 miles(A4LD) after I got it. I only had around $100.00 in this B2,and it does have a Very Fresh 2.9 in it (12,000 miles) and its very strong for a 2.9er. I've been through just about every nut and bolt under this thing,and as of now,It's Mechanicly pretty sound. I just recently done my Suspension,and of course the Body Mount Bushings were shot,so i replaced them with some Energy Suspension Bushings at the Same Time as the Body Lift. I come from a background of Lowering,Body Dropping,Air-Ride trucks,so its new to me. Actually pretty cool,since its different!

33s should fit that. At the most you might have to trim the very bottom corners of the fenders just a hair.

Use 15x8 rims (3.75" backspace) for best fitment without rubbing.

You may want to regear your axles for those tires too, it's gonna be a slug if you don't (4.88:1 is a good ratio for 33s with the 2.9L).

Thanks 4x4Junkie! Thats what I wanted to hear,now I'm wondering about Width,10.50's or 12.50's? I'd like to use the 10.50's for a weight savings,but the 12.50's may help stability-wise. I know that curves and twisty roads are not the cup of tea here,since the B2 is definately not a corner carver. I mean,I know that top heavyness must definately be understood with these rides..lol. Gearwise,it was definately gonna be a 4.56,but even lower than that would be easier on the rest of the Drive-train as well..particularly the trans!

I have 33s by 12 .50 on 10" wide rims when I had them on 8.8R & D35F. Then went D44 solidF which has the larger bolt pattern of 5x5.5 and changed to an 8" rim and wished I had of done that in the first place.
Sounds like you know enough about the B2s that you will have a nice trail rig with some work.
I spent 1000s of hours on mine concerning the issue of the high COG and building a suspension that handles these WV curves like a Sports car with no sway bar front or rear, now think about that :rolleyes:
It's fun when I have a Rice Burner behind me and they see me pulling ahead of them coming out of the turn ha ha.
Around here the stock B2 is known as The Rollover Special. I even rolled mine in stock trim on a section of snow packed highway when it got a little sideways. Landed on it's side with my family in it. No one hurt though.

Back