questions about 95+ front diffy... | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

questions about 95+ front diffy...

Ok... I know it's been a while. I am about to buy a POWERTRAX LOCK-RIGHT # 2311 for a Dana 35 w/ ABS and it is supposed to fit my 95 X. After reading this post, I am VERY confused. Does anyone have a definate yes of no if it will fit or not? Please help. I was going to buy this this weekend (in 3 days)!. Thanks!

It won't work. THERE IS NO LIMITED SLIP OR LOCKER FOR THE 95+ MODELS!!!

there was a good article about 2 months ago in peterson's 4wheel drive mag on LSD, Lockers and spools.

it is my understanding that even if there was a locker for our front diffs it would just go through auto hubs like cheese. ive already stripped one. there are guys around here that drive these huge 4x4 that have there axle shafts welded so it is a fulltime committment. they will never have the luxery of not have 2 wheels spinning on the same axle. of course they want this and for runnign in the mud as fast as you can (mud boggingis huge around here) you want that but if you were on a tighter terrain and you wanted to turn youll get all kinds of chirping wheel spinning wild action. so in my opinion for my 4x4 needs i want a limited slip diff for the front to match my rear.

im going to dig that article out and read it tonight.

Back