Quick easy question...> | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Quick easy question...>

hi guys,....i just got my truck re-cleared....that is....i re did the clear coat, the dude siad he put 3 coats of clear on it... when i saw it....it was'nt shiny enough...maybe i had my hopes up too high...i wanted the paint to look wet..... i told him and he said its cause i have a light color...its a 96 with the Pearl Ivory Metalic paint.....well....i was wondering if i can buff or polish it up so i can bring out a better shine,....and also what can i put on it to protect the finish ? also any normal paint care advice would be great.... like is it ok to Dry it with a Shamois cloth? i dont want any swirl marks or even any minor light scratches.....

thanks in advance...

Where did you get it done? Some paint shops do it so cheap it's not even funny. Cheap meaning from the quality of paint they use to the quality of work they put in it. If they just painted it I would advice against buffing it or polishing it. I don't believe you're supposed to even wash it for the first week.

I think you are supposed to avoid the wax for over a month. I'd hold off wahinf for at least 2 weeks.

Now is a great time to get some Zaino. Google Zaino for their web site.
Micro fiber towels from Packshak.(Waffel type for dryibg) Wait a couple of weeks and you should be all set.
W/zaino you need ZFX, Z2 & Z6. Probably dont need Z5 as its new paint. Just follow the directions and you will have the best protection & shine that I have ever seen in 40+ yrs. of "waxing" cars.

Back