Quick tires question | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Quick tires question

Grimm119484

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
05 sport trac
Well I thought I was going to go straight to 35s but sold those tires making a 200 dollar profit from which I originally bought them for and now I am wanting to know if the tire size 305/70/16 with either the stock ford rims or another set of f250 rims will fit my sport trac On 2.5 inch TT in the front and a 2-3 inch in the back ... Also does anybody know any better cheap ways of lifting the front ? I don't wanna do the 6 inch lift or body lift at this time. I think the tires are actually 32.8 inches tall just let me know

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

F-250 doesnt have the same bolt pattern.

Quick answer for the front lift... no. Unless you're 2WD you could do the spindle lift and swap out for smaller brakes. If you're 4x4 (sorry can't remember) then really the only option is a BL for quick lift. The other options are either really expensive or time consuming (SAS).

Well I have my own stock 16 inch wheel Wouk it fit? I am 2wd

Also these tires measure about 32.8 inches tall... Please let me know . Inbok with trimming but nothing cosmetic

Search for Lono's registry. He's got what you need.

Well I have my own stock 16 inch wheel Wouk it fit? I am 2wd

A 305/70-16 is the same size as a 33x12.50-15 and won't fit without at least a body lift. Also the 305 should really be on an 8" wide rim and the stockers are only 7" wide. A lot of people use 285/75-16's which are also 33" tall but narrower and will work better on a 7" rim. Also they will fit with a TT/shackle lift and wheel spacers and you won't need a body lift (unless you want to).

Know also that a lot of aftermarket wheels 16" and up have a GM-style offset even if they have a Ford bolt pattern, meaning a big-time positive offset that will put the tire too close to the body on a Ford. The tires will rub on the inside. The 16x8's that I've found with the least positive offset are the Pro Comp 1069 and 1089.

That's why I recommended Lono's registry. He has no body lift and 33x12.5s.

I personally wouldn't put that wide of a tire on a 7" wide wheel. Look for 285/75R16s or get new 15" wheels with a true 33" tire for the same price as just 285s.

I had 285/75/16's on my stock 16x7 XLT wheels and the tires were stretched on them. I wouldn't go any wider then that on the stock 7" wide wheels, JMO. I also had 1.5" wheel spacers on all four corners. Here's a couple pictures...

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Back