Radiator Support Front Frame Mounts | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Radiator Support Front Frame Mounts

TonyG

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1988 Ford Bronco II E.B.
Hi, All: I'm restoring an '88 Bronco II and I'm in need of the radiator mounts (RH and LH side) that are a part of the radiator support assembly. When I got the old radiator support off I noticed that the two mounts were way past being serviceable any longer. I was able to find (from LMC Truck) the upper and lower cushions, the bolts and lock nuts etc. but the mounts are proving hard to find. Here's what the two old ones look like:

MVC-023S.jpg

MVC-022S.jpg

Anybody have a pair of these that might like a new home in a vehicle that's going to become my daily driver or does anybody know where I might be able to find these? Junkyards around here give me a blank stare when I ask them about BIIs/Rangers from that first generation era.

Just PM me or email me directly at awg8@hotmail.com if you can give me any guidance.

Thanks!

T.G.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

IMG_2887.jpg

Welcome.

I had to fix several body supports on my Bii build. Kept the part that was bolted to frame and added some 3/16" plate on top and welded them there and then installed new poly body mounts.
The new hard poly mount is under the 3" body lift.

What rookie said is going to be your best bet. Just reinforce what you have.

When I was building a B2 I couldnt find any of the body mounts I needed.

ill give you mine when i pull them off, no clue when thats gonna happen though man, im going to tube the front end out... at some point. if you have capability to weld and have a grinder that should be a pretty simple piece to fab up out of some 3/16"

Thanks!

Thanks, all, for all the great advice. It's greatly appreciated! I found a pair of '80 to '96 full-size Bronco versions at Jeff's Bronco Graveyard. They have Ford part number F2TZ-5A041-A on the tags but part number E6TA-5A041-AA is cast into the parts themselves, so I'm hoping they'll interchange when I try to match them to the frame mount holes (that could be a real question). If not, I'll definitely be going with what you fellows have said here. Here's a picture of the mount from JBG:

8096CORESPRTMNT.JPG

Back