Radius Arm Bushings

LOGJOCKY

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Leduc, Alberta
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 EXPLORER XLT
My Radius arm bushings just went and I want to know how hard is it to replace them. I got a set of energy bushings and I wanna install them myself if not too hard. please let me know how hard this is. I have the haynes manual to guide me but I havent done it before so I dont know what to expect. Thanks.

hey LOGJOCKEY when I did them on my old ranger (same set up) I ground the rivets off as I had to replace the whole support, wasnt that hard just alot of rust in my eyes. The page gimp metioned is good , Oh yea you will need a B.F. hammer

How do you know if they are bad? How long do they typically last? I have 83K on mine now. Probably should have just replaced them when I had the whole front end apart installing the lift. At least now I have bolts to undo instead of rivets.

Im not sure how long they're supposed to last but I have 140k on mine(85,000 miles or so). u will know when they go bad cause u will hear a clunking sound under the floorboard whenever u hit a bump or pothole. I have also heard that it will cause the front end to pull to either side because the TTB beam is not rolling straight. Mine pulled left and wore my tire way more than normal. BTW I just put Energy Suspension replacement radius arm bushings on mine and the difference is amazing. The front end rides about 1.5"s higher and is nice and stiff with my stiff shocks. It also handles and rides a whole lot better. The only problem is now I notice my saggy leaf springs in the back end.

Back