Real life experience please 4" front lift and SOA rear (92 sport) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Real life experience please 4" front lift and SOA rear (92 sport)

venom97

Reaction score
City, State
central,il
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 xlt
I about ready to order a lift and already have my spring perches. The rear will be a SOA conversion, I want the extra clearance and also want as much flex as I can keep without building an all out trail rig. The answer I'm looking for is will the 4" front with a small spring washer/spacer get me close to level? I know the SOA says... 5.5 but Ive read some people say a 4" can work but wanted to hear from those of you that have ran the set up. 5.5 front looks a little taller than I want to go in the front, looking to run 33x12.5x15s.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My SOA ended up close to 6", 5.5" is probably the true measurement. I did 64" chevys at the same time. I'm pretty sure I'm running over 6" on the front of my '94. The ball joint cut-n-turn made it possible to lift it without brackets.

Drives great. Rides Awesome. The biggest expense was the Deaver coil springs.

On my sport I did a 3.5 James duff lift and added 1.25 spacers. I also removed the overloads on the spring pack when I did the spring over. It came out good. Little high in the rear but not bad.

Thanks guys. I did 4" with 1" spacer up front and the soa on the rear. I'm happy with it, not a great pic but the best I have to show the result.

20210405_131509.jpg

Back