• Register Today It's free!

Rear AC fan doesn't work

luvthebeach

Reaction score
City, State
Virginia
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Explorer
2002 Ford Explorer-The AC/Heat blows air out front dash & rear console vents. Overhead ceiling roof vents don't blow any air. Fan doesn't sound like it turns on even with changing selector mode. Could it be a fuse since the fan in rear doesn't turn on? If so, which one? I have the manual but the fuse diagram doesn't help much with identifying the rear fan fuse.

Thanks,

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

x2 on this, mine doesnt work either

I know mine stopped working at one point. Check the fuse first. If not, open the panel in the rear driver side. The rear AC motor is back there. My plug somehow unhooked from the motor, possibly just vibrations and bumps over time. Plugged it back in and worked good as new. Hope it's this easy for you guys too.

Which fuse goes to the rear ac ceiling vents? I took the cup holder and the other tray out in the rear drivers side. Everything looks like it is connected. Any other suggestions? I use this vehicle mainly to haul our church's youth group around and it is very hot in the very back since the roof vents do not work. Thanks in advance for any help.

There is a rear fan actuator back there in that compartment that usually is the cause of this. I believe the part is well under $50 to replace.

I will check my shop manuals when I get home tonight and post up any info I find on the fuses.

Thanks to everyone who replied. I would like to change the fuse first, but now sure how to change the relay fuse.

was anyone able to locate the fuse for the rear ac ? im having the exact same issue

Back